Northeast Opportunities for Wellness, Inc. (NOW) is looking for positive, physically active individuals with an interest in working with youth in a high-energy environment promoting wellness education, to join the organization as Wellness Leader staff members.
Throughout the year, NOW hosts a number of programs for children ages 3 – 14 that teach elements of physical education, nutrition education, and whole-body wellness. Wellness Leaders work directly with children at sports/wellness clinics, through partner organization practices and games, and with other community agencies and organizations. Wellness Leaders work both independently and together as a team to plan and deliver lessons and lead activities for the children served by the organization.
Hours fluctuate with the sports seasons, with an expected range of 5 – 15 hours per week. An ideal candidate would meet the following preferences:
- A resident of Northeastern CT, willing to travel within the 10-town area
- Background in nutrition education; background in fitness education
- Experience with youth sports
- Experience with planning and running sporting events and clinics (coaching background a plus)
- Certification in first aid
- 2-Year College Degree
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with children (ages 3-14) teaching fitness and nutrition
- Flexible schedule with night and weekend availability
- Reliable source of transportation as the position will require travel
The pay rate for the Wellness Leader role is $13.00-$17.00 per hour, commensurate with experience.
To apply, please remit resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to:
Tayler Shea, Interim Executive Director
P.O. Box 206, Putnam, CT 06260
Northeast Opportunities for Wellness, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides opportunities in sports, fitness, and nutrition for children ages 3-14 who otherwise may not be able to afford such opportunities.