Title: Executive Director
Description: Northeast Opportunities for Wellness, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides opportunities in sports, fitness, and nutrition for children ages 3-14 who otherwise may not be able to afford such opportunities, is seeking a full-time Executive Director to manage all aspects of the organization’s daily operations.
Salary: $35,000-$50,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Performance evaluations will be conducted at 60-days and one year with the potential for a wage increase at each review.
- Health insurance for a single individual negotiable.
- Paid time off negotiable.
- Incentive based bonuses considered for extraordinary fundraising accomplishments.
Reporting: Direct report to President of Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Board of Directors.
Hours: As needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication sk
- Motivated self-starte
- Well organized.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Exce
- Experience with web browsing and social media including Facebook and Twitte
- A minimum of a 2-year college degree; 4-year college degree.
- Accounting experience.
- Fundraising experience.
- Experience with fundraising/donor software (i.e. Donor Perfect, GiftWorks).
- Experience working in the non-profit, foundation, and or family business sector
- Current resident of Putnam, Killingly, Thompson, Woodstock, Plainfield, Canterbury, Eastford, Chaplin, Hampton, Brooklyn, Sterling or Pomfret or willingness to re-locate to one of these town
- Attend Executive Committee meetings; bi-monthly.
- Attend Board of Directors meetings; bi-monthly.
- Direct outreach to schools, social service agencies and non-profits to identify underprivileged and/or disadvantaged children.
- Supervise Director of Outreach and other staff position
- Coordinate fitness and nutrition training and education and the facilitation thereof, with the Director of Outreach, at the direction of the Programming Committee.
- Participate in all NOW events whenever possible.
- Communicate professionally via email, fax, phone, text and website.
- Act as an advocate for NOW’s mission and value
- Oversee all financial transactions and resources with utmost integrity and transparency.
- Solicit help, advice and guidance from Board and committee membe
- Build and maintain professional and personal relationships that exemplify tact and a high level of diplomacy, including and with respect to our current partner organization
- Demonstrate optimism in working with young people.
- Comply with and administer official, periodic background check
- Attend committee meetings when necessary and as time permit
- Produce and distribute a weekly newsletter/bulletin to be distributed to Board and committee membe
- Manage and expand all aspects of fundraising in conjunction with the Fundraising Committee including but not limited to annual appeals, capital campaigns, grant writing, event planning and facilitation, bequests, creation of additional income stream
- Administration of scholarships in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Scholarship Committee.
- Provide management and oversight of the maintenance and usage of the 2 fields (+/-18 acres) operated by the organization including coordination with partner organization for the use thereo
- Deepen and refine all aspects of marketing and communications – from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand and garnering new opportunitie
- Create and maintain an annual operating budget in conjunction with input from committee ch
- Coordinate financial reporting in conjunction with the chair of the Finance Committee and outside counsel when necessary.
- All other duties as may be required from time to time.
Supplies: Computer, printer, cell phone, business cards, apparel and all other necessary supplies to be provided by NOW.
How to Apply: Please remit resume, cover letter, and three (3) references to P.O. Box 206, Putnam, CT 06260 and by email to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications is 8.7.15.